Updated with 2013 normative and performance correlation data
The Leadership Architect® Technical Manual is updated with 2013 global norms and performance correlation data, which includes changes to the Learning Agility, normative, and performance correlation data.
Additionally, the “Big 8” high demand / low supply competencies do not appear in the technical manual. The 2013 global norm and validation study does not show a consistent pattern of the “Big 8” across all levels, and therefore the reference to the “Big 8” in our research-based tools is discontinued. This does not suggest that previous research findings are invalid, but rather that the talent management space is gradually evolving, and that top business challenges in the past are not the same as they are today.
Build your knowledge of competency research
The Leadership Architect® Technical Manual was designed primarily as a technical reference to help deepen understanding of the research background behind tools in the Leadership Architect® Suite.
The Technical Manual was intended for use by:
- HR professionals who are implementing a competency-based talent management system
- HR consultants who are working with practitioners interested in competencies
- Executives who are considering implementing a competency-based program in their companies
Understanding the Leadership Architect® Suite
The Technical Manual provides:
- High level findings from the Leadership Architect® normative and validity studies
- Introduction to Competencies and Competency Modeling - An overview of studies showing the benefit of a research-based competency model
- The Foundation of the Leadership Architect® Library - A review of the research foundations for the Leadership Architect® competency library including Competencies, Stallers and Stoppers, Factors and Clusters, and Global Focus Areas
- General Research Findings – A review of research topics such as 360° multi-rater feedback, common strengths and weaknesses, and self-awareness.
- Answers to the most frequently asked questions
Watch a webcast discussing findings and changes per the 2013 normative data.