Use the emotional and social competency inventory – university edition (ESCI-U) to help your students to:
- focus on their leadership and coaching abilities early on
- get a taste of ‘real world’ tools and concepts (HR students)
- gain insight into the complexities of group behavior (MBA students)
- understand their part in planning and managing their personal development
- and to support your institution in: ensuring that it develops the whole student; documenting outcome assessment; showing what your students are learning from entrance to graduation; providing feedback on important metrics to teaching staff, curricula committees and program administrators for program improvement.
Why choose the ESCI-U?
Better emotional intelligence builds your students’ personal development, independent and group learning, and employability. The ESCI-U is a special, low-cost version of Boyatzis’ and Goleman’s 360° EI tools. It is the most thoroughly validated and widely used measure of EI, and is used in schools and colleges and at undergraduate, masters and doctoral level in many countries.
The ESCI-U is a research-based, yet simple and accessible tool. It asks 70 questions that enable individuals to self-assess their emotional and social intelligence competencies. They can go on to gather feedback from others to compare against their self-assessment. Development tips are provided alongside detailed descriptions of each EI competency. Because it is simple to use, the ESCI-U is a low cost but high impact option.
The ESCI-U focuses on 12 competencies within these four areas, as well as two cognitive competencies. If you plan to use the ESCI-U, you will need:
- One copy of the ESCI-U self-assessment questionnaire and workbook for each learner who plans to assess their emotional and social intelligence competencies
- One copy of the ESCI-U feedback questionnaire for each individual who is going to be asked to provide feedback for the learner (minimum of three recommended).
We recommend using this with…
Emotional Intelligence Card Deck The Emotional Intelligence card deck is a collection of real life situations, both in and out of work, in which Emotional Intelligence makes a difference. Each card contains a description of a situation, followed by four optional answers.
Emotional and Social Competency Inventory, University edition, Self-Assessment - 10 PK The ESCI-U is a research-based, yet simple and accessible tool. It asks 70 questions that enable individuals to self-assess their emotional and social intelligence competencies.